Welcome to the Einstein Institute of Mathematics
|Home||About||Staff||Studies||Colloquia & Events||Research||Services & Resources||Sites|
"The building was erected in 1927-1928 with a gift from Philip Wattenburg of New York. It housed the Einstein Institute of Mathematics until the Hebrew University lost access to Mount Scopus in 1948. After the reunification of Jerusalem in 1967, and the university's subsequent return to Mount Scopus, this building became part of the Estelle & Eugene Ferkauf Science Teaching Centre. In 1982 all science teaching was centralized on the Giv'at-Ram campus. This building was then remodelled with the aid of a gift from the estate of Ceil & Joseph Mazer to house part of the Institute of Contemporary Jewry."
--from a plaque at the entrance of the building.
Photographed by: Harris
Photographed by: Alfred Bernheim
© The department of information and public affairs, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, All rights reserved.