The Einstein Institute of mathematics is looking for candidates for tenure track position.
The Einstein Institute is renowned worldwide for its excellence, and we are looking for candidates to help us continue in our strong tradition and our strive to improve and develop further. In very exceptional cases applications at the tenure level may also be considered.
All application material should be sent to the Chair of the Math Department
and Department Administrator
. Questions can be addressed to the same email addresses - please do not hesitate to ask. .
Applications are considered year-round, but to get maximal consideration applications should be submitted by October 20th , 2017.
To apply, please provide the following material (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae (arranged according to HUJI guidelines in link).
- Updated list of publications (arranged according to HUJI guidelines in link), with notes on specific contributions to multi-authored publications (in mathematics, authors are usually listed in alphabetical order and are assumed to have equal contribution; simply state this at the bottom of the list if this is the case for you).
- Scientific biography (2-4 pages), where both the previous candidate's work and her/his future plans will be included and a research proposals. These could be combined if desired.
- Teaching statement, detailing your teaching philosophy and preferably based on previous experience (it may be helpful to list previous teaching experience and optionally also teaching evaluations)
- PDF files of up to three of the candidates best papers.
- Name(s) and contact information (including current affiliation and email) of PhD adviser, and all postdoctoral advisers (we will approach them ourselves for recommendation letter). If you have no formal postdoctoral adviser, please let us know if there was an informal one during your postdoctoral appointment(s) if applicable.
- Optionally, you may provide us with a list of a few experts who may be approached by the Einstein Institute of Mathematics to evaluate the candidate's qualifications for the requested academic position. We compose the list of references ourselves, and will take your suggested list into consideration, but will in any case also include experts outside the list (hence making this list too extensive will be counter productive).
You may also request particular experts we should not consult (hopefully for most candidates this is not relevant).
Please specify the level of your acquaintance with the suggested referees. Please do not approach these referees - we will only consider letters solicited by us.